Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What is Little Miss Chalk Lines?

At minimum it's a mix of little girls, kids, chalk lines, and creative stuff. No doubt this will evolve over time as I settle in to share my thoughts.
Have you ever taken a box of sidewalk chalk and drawn on a driveway or sidewalk? First you have all those colors to choose from. Then you have the huge surface to draw whatever you want. Finally, you have the ability to create anything, and it will last until it rains.
If you've ever seen the Mary Poppins movie, you know it contains a great scene involving sidewalk drawings. Each square of the sidewalk has a theme, that is colorful and intricate. A feast for the eyes. In the movie, the characters disappear into the drawing for a day of fantasy.
I've also watched my boys attack the driveway with a box of chalk. They carve up roads and parking spots. They experiment with pictures and leave messages for company to read as they arrive.
I've also thought that "Chalk Lines" would be a great name for a line of clothing I might design some day. Perhaps it would be a line of clothes for little girls. Hence, the Little Miss part of the title.
Have you ever had the pleasure of sharing the world of a little girl? I'm in the midst of this experience now. My only little miss, is 14 months old and is sunshine and light. Maybe I am a little biased or perhaps I am just drinking in the difference after three boys. All I know is, my "Little Miss" is wonderful.