Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shopping for Little Miss

So yesterday the Little Miss and I went shopping for... well, what do you think? Adorable clothes, of course! I am currently delighting in purchasing clothes for my Little Miss. Yes, we are leaving winter behind and I am itching for spring to arrive with the warm weather it brings. So what better way to celebrate this transition then with new adorable outfits. And did I mention that my little girl has grown and actually needs bigger clothes? I don't want people thinking I am being totally frivolous.
So we are in the store, with it's spring offerings, and I find myself looking through all the dresses. Pink is a prominent color, all shades. (I honestly didn't know there were some many shades of pink until I started buying clothes for my little girl.)
There are dresses with lace trim, dresses with sheer skirts over satin, linen dresses in solids and prints, sun dresses and Easter dresses. What to choose?! My heart longed to purchase a light pink dress with a cottan lace overlay in white, but as pretty as it was, I just couldn't see "Little Miss" wearing it more than once or twice.
Then I came upon a beautiful sun dress with solid bands of medium pink at the neck and hem. The rest is white with multi-toned pink roses. The bodice is fitted with tucks and a sache that ties back from the sides of the waist. The shirt floats out and down to mid-calf. In short, it is perfection!
I tried it on her last night, for her brothers to assess. Not only did she not want to take it off, but her brothers all agreed that it was adorable. Her youngest brother kept swooning with comments about how beautiful she looked in it.
I plan do enjoy dressing up my "Little Miss" as long as I can, as I know that some day, in the not so distant future, she will have her own ideas of what it pretty or comfortable.
So, "COME ON SPRING"!! We're ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment